Saturday, March 8, 2008

The day has finally arrived.......


It's election day....
Here i am carrying Nurin towards my primary school, along with my mum and brother to cast our votes, anxiously...almaklumlah, it is my first time voting ...hehehe..berkobar2 masuk sekolah lama...We reached SK D.Jaya around 1pm...the weather was good, and not many people around (maybe they went in the morning, to escape the afternoon heat).

With Nurin holding her mummy's IC...hehehe...sibuk nak ikut....tak nak duduk kat umah ngan ayah dia, who went out as early as 8.15am to vote at Bukit Rahman Putra primary school or her Atuk who just came back from voting at our 'kampung' Merapoh.

The four of us went to the SPR counter to check our voting rooms...and my brother and I was allocated at the same room...room no. 4 while mak in room no. 2.

Since there are no people in room 2, so mak cast her vote in 2 seconds...huhuhuhuhu...

So while Abg Long went into the room to vote, here i was, trying to persuade my girl to follow her grandma while waiting for my turn to vote..which however ..fails...
So...with the blessings of the two policewomen who was guarding the room, and the ever smiling election worker, i went to the room carrying Nurin...haishhhh...kecik2 dah masuk mengundi...hehehehe

As the smiling election worker shouting out loud...."1751 81......48 NOORHAYATI BINTI IBRAHIM", Nurin just stared at him, as if wondering why is he talking so loud...hehehe..while the other 2 election workers who was sitting next to him was happily 'mengagah' nurin while passing my voting ticket...

So we went to the dedicated booth , and I sat her down on the table. To keep her busy while i cast my 'X' on the ticket, I gave her my IC for her to play around.
After folding the tickets into two... i carried her to the clear BOX stated 'DUN' and 'PARLIMEN', and drop the tickets in. My girl was trying to follow my act, and tried to drop my IC as well...Nasib baik the worker who was guarding the box acted quickly...ishh...kalau tidak, abis semua vote dalam kotak tu...

Then, we went out of the room and join my brother and my mum who was waiting outside for us...It was quick, less than 10 minutes...and very efficient.
I don't see what's the fuss which everybody has been making saying that SPR was not doing a good job and so on... For me, it was a fast, efficient and very professional.

So , there goes my 1st real-life experience on ELECTION DAY..

Whoever won the election, grab the opportunity given and be held responsible for every promise that you made during the campaign week.. For those who fails to continue to service, take this time to evaluate what you have done in the past that had made you loose the trust of the people who have been supporting you all this time.
Peace for all....

No comments: