Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Alfatihah

Was on my way home with my family after attending a kenduri doa selamat on Sunday, 23/8/08 in Tanjung Karang when i received a call from my mum saying that my grandma was truly sick, and unable to catch her breath. My parents went back to our hometown the day before after getting a sms from Cu saying that Wan has been on fever for a week, and not getting better. An hour later, i received a call from mak again saying that Wan has passed away peacefully that evening.
A bit terkilan, as Abang and I was just planning last week to go back to Merapoh and visit my grandma and busu during my 1 week Perodua shutdown break this coming 28~6 April, however, tak kesampaian...
My beloved Wan , Hajjah Dijah Bt. Khatib Jali telah selamat pulang ke rahmatullah pada 23/8/08, 5.15 pm. There is no word to describe how amazing she was and how caring & loving she has been to all of us this years.
We arrived in Merapoh that night. I feel a bit sad, that Nurin did not get to know her moyang as we were. Busu was sadly lying on her bed, she did not cry at that time, but i can see from her eyes that she was crying deep inside. When Busu saw me, she said, 'Lepas Wan putus nafas, abah pegi depan and menangis kuat2..'..I felt tears running down when hearing that.
We read the 'Yasin' all night long, berganti2 ngan abah, makcik2 as well as our cousins, while waiting for the funeral the next day, everyone had only minimum 2 hours of sleep.
I wanted to get part in everything, so i watched the 'mandi', 'kafan' as well as the solat jenazah, which takes place in her sweet home. I was really touched and sad as all of the family members pay our last respect and say goodbye. We all kissed her forehead before they close her 'kain kafan'. It has just been 1 and a half years since we lost our grandpa, and now her...
She was buried next to him.
Nurin & i came back to Sg Buloh today, 26/3/08 with Abah. On our way home, he said , 'dah selamat dah orang tua abah'... 'Dah takde dah 2 generasi atas abah'. Nobody can describe how we felt at that time. We have now lost two of the greatest person that we've known all our years, that Allah had given. They will always be in our hearts no matter where we are and we will cherish the memories that we had with them.
Alfatihah
Allahyarhamah Hajjah Dijah Bt, Khatib Jali
27/9/1926 ~ 23/3/2008
Semoga rohnya dicucuri rahmat ALLAH S.W.T dan ditempatkan bersama2 org yang beriman
P/s: Sedih bila dengar busu cerita yang arwah Wan sakit2 pun pegi mengundi on the 8th Mac. She was truly an idol...

2 comments:

Hedaya Ibrahim said...

When's the next kenduri? How's everybody? Tell me please. I'm dying over here.

hayati ibrahim said...

next kenduri is this saturday and on the 1st of May..
Kesian busu...mata bengkak tapi tak tunjuk yang dia sedih